Saturday, September 12, 2009

Jayson has been sick all day. His fever was around 103 - 104 all through the day. We've been giving him pedialyte and alternating Motrin & Tylenol every three hours as per the doctor's instruction. His fever finally dropped to 100.4 a little while ago and he is sleeping now. We will probably head to the doctors first thing in the morning so that they can check his ears and lungs. I feel so lousy because he's been crying all day and there's nothing I can do to make him feel better. It took three doses of medicine to get his fever down, that's 9 hours of crying and being yucky feeling. He downed four bottles of pediatlyte so no worries about him being dehydrated. I don't know how he drinks that stuff. All the flavors kinda taste like medicine and they brun a little going down...

I am prepared for no sleep tonight because I know I'll be getting up to check on him constantly. I can't remember a time when he's ever had a fever that high for that long.

At least he is getting better at bedtime. he doesn't kick and scream anymore when we head into his room for the night, so I know he is getting used to sleeping in his bed again. I am so glad for that. He likes to put a "bonus" sticker on his chart when he wakes up in the morning for going to bed nicely the night before.

Well, I hope tomorrow is better and we're not battling a terrible fever again. I keep trying to tell myself fever is good, it's the body fighting infection and all, but it still scares me to watch him crying in pain like that and not knowing what's hurting him. Ugh. I'm gonna try to get some shut eye, but most likely will wind up camping out in the couch watching Juno so that I can fnally take it off the DVR. BTW, season premire of Supernatural was awesome. Dean rocks. =^)

No comments: