Sunday, November 15, 2009

Today I am Thankful for...

I've decided to write a short post about the things I am most thankful for in the days leading up to Thankgiving. I like be able to take a break to think about all the good things in my life, sometimes the days go by so fast and I'm so busy fixing problems or going through long to-do lists that I forget to focus on all the good things in my life.

So, today I am thankful for...

The people closest to me. My husband, who is always there for me 200%, who stays by my side through difficult times and always makes sure we make it through ok, who understands me better than anyone, who is the most amazing father and husband I could imagine. No matter how difficult or bad things get, I always know things will be ok because he is at my side. He sometimes gets the brunt of bad moods and we argue like any other couple, but at the end of the day I hope he knows that nothing in (or out) of this world could ever make me happier than having him by my side.

My son, who somehow overnight grew into a sensitive, loving, smart, funny, sweet child. He is always first in line to comfort someone who is sad, to make them laugh and shower them with hugs and kisses. He learns so quickly and thrives on making others laugh. I've learned so much about being happy and enjoying the simple things from him. I am so proud of him and I hope he grows up always knowing just how proud I am and how much I love him.

My mother, who is always there for me, and my family, whenever we need anything. She has dropped everything to rush over whenever I've needed her, whether it was a dinner party disaster or a terrified new mom with a sick baby kind of night. She's spent countless hours on the phone with me at night when I've needed reassurance or someone to talk to. She's babysat, lent time, money and advice, spoiled Jayson rotten, driven hours into NY in the dead of night and has been there for us every time we've ever had a need. I don't tell her often enough how much I appreciate all of it, but I hope she knows there's never a second of it that's taken for granted.

This is what I'm thankful for.

No comments: